Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Let's Get Nasty.

As the days get colder, my nose's struggle to breathe gets tougher. I never adjust to cold weather well, and probably never will. My dream is to live in 80+ degrees every day, and anything below 60 is considered winter for me. Therefore fall is pretty much non-existant in my books, but that doesn't stop my boots&sweaters craze. My boots hunger was satisfied by a great pair of Pour La Victoire Malorie, and hopefully I'll be getting a new pair of Uggs before the 10 degrees weather hits. So now I have to find sweaters..


I'm a big fan of Nasty Gal, even though I never ordered anything from there yet. Maybe it's because of the pretty skinny models with bold eyebrows and super long stems, or maybe because it's like UO's twin, but nastier and prettier (and slightly cheaper, occasionally). Urban Outfitters is notorious for making their models look far less attractive than they actually are in real life, or just using unattractive models in general. If you compare Rachel Ballinger's Bloomingdale's ads to the ones in UO, it's kind of hard to believe they are the same person, thanks to the gloomy, lazy vibe UO's going for. Nasty Gal has the same few pretty girls who have the ability of making ugly clothes look better so you get tricked into buying them, classic marketing.

I think I've gotten over my floral obsession, now that summer's over. So now it's all about leopard prints and sequins, and both can easily look very tacky. I'm proud of myself for adding so many new elements to my closet this year and experimenting with patterns instead of sticking to my old solid-color only rule.

Nasty Gal vs. Urban Outfitters

1. Lucca Couture's Sequin Sweatshirt

This one really didn't catch my eyes when I was browsing at UO, but it was a completely different story when I saw it on NG. By the way, UO also stated in the description that this is one of the limited edition items that's only available at their store, fail.

2. BB Dakota Corning Boyfriend Knit

I always thought BB Dakota's overpriced, and I stand behind my opinion. Even though it looks thin and unable to keep me warm, but I still want it.

3. Ribbed Wool Sweater
Mmmm, wool...I like anything wool.

3. Brandy&Melville Rother Sweater
Keep it safe or go wild ?

Now time to work extra hard to make that money so I can have a billion sweaters.

1 comment:

  1. no uggs for you and your font is too bright with the bg. its hurting my eyes !!! argh!!!

    i only like the grey one : ) second to last

    ReplyDelete